Do you have your own space / a corner which holds all your favourite belongings?
It's that niche which separates you out from your routine, mentally and physically. Does it ring a bell...that maybe I haven't ever thought about it! I kept going with the flow. Accepting the space around me, occupied it and went on. I never believed or thought that I want that space. To sit relax, be happy about, to contemplate within chaos, to hold on to when everything else is falling apart, to snuggle away. The more I take care of it, stylize it, embrace it, the more it gives back.
It took me 38 years to realise that I want that corner of mine. A corner which I can carve out as my own space. It's a gathering of all 'my things'. A book, a pen and enormous feelings i expressed through my poems, the colours which gave me a liberty of adding them into my life. My plant, my O2, my small cute owl, a memory and an aroma dispenser to lift the mood up....Certainly things will get added as the time passes. But I will always keep going back to that corner.
Have you experienced this? Unknowingly? Have you tried specifying your space?
No comments:
Post a Comment